Once again, a lot of changes.
What happened to 1.3.1? Well, we started out as wanting to do a simple point release for the 1.7.10 update, but then a lot of things cropped up…
This is just a preview of what’s to come for FE and MC 1.7, and does not represent the full set of things we’re doing for this release.
Once again, I must reiterate that SERVER ADMINS, PLEASE BE PREPARED TO RECREATE ALL USER DATA (permissions, scripts, etc).
List of changes:
- Update to Minecraft 1.7.10
- Switched to using UUIDs for storage (this breaks 1.6 FEData, unfortunately)
- New /memusage command
- /serversettings can now change difficulty
- COMPLETE RECODE of permissions from the ground up – should be more efficient, and also supports the proposed Forge Perms API
- Significant rework of ModuleLauncher system – removes functionality that duplicates FML
- Migrate to Forge’s new PlaceEvent instead of using ours
- Significant backend changes
- WorldControl has been removed. (WorldEdit integration will be added at a later date, as we’re waiting on sk89q’s group for them to port WorldEdit-Forge to 1.7.10)
- FEClient GUI temporarily removed, to be reworked at a later date
- Allow putting most configs into the main FE config file
- Bug fixes
Still more to come!