In FE 1.3pre4, I have changed most of the permission nodes. Here’s how to change them locally on your server. These instructions pertain to the latest build from http://dries007.net:8080/job/FE_164/.
In the following instructions, where “server” is mentioned, it is your server folder (the folder with minecraftforge.jar and minecraft_server.jar)
in your server console. Then stop the server.
- Open PermissionsList.txt in server/ForgeEssentials/Permissions.
- The following files will be generated in the server/ForgeEssentials/Permissions/export folder:
players.txt groups.txt permissionProps.txt players.txt
- Open permissions.txt in your choice of text editor.
- Replace all mentions of “ForgeEssentials” with “fe”.
- Replace all mentions of “BasicCommands” with either “commands” or “teleport” depending on what PermissionsList.txt says.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with permissionProps.txt.
- Rename the “export” folder you found permissions.txt to “import” (without the double quotes)
- Open server/ForgeEssentials/Permissions/config.cfg.
- Save the file and start the server.